Wednesday, December 7, 2016

5 Websites

Dog Photographer
http://www.lightstalking.com/anne-geier/



On this website I looked through a series of dog pictures that were taken in different settings. I also learned about how Anne Geier's love for animals developed into her passion for animal photography.

1. I picked this photo because it really stood out to me the second I looked at it. The way the colors pop together makes me excited and I love how bold it is.

2. The most obvious rule of photography is the rule of thirds, and I think the dog is well placed.
3. Austrian photographer Anne Geier took the photo.

Slow-Motion Hummingbird
http://petapixel.com/2016/11/17/slow-motion-hummingbird-captured-240fps-iphone-6s/

In this video, I saw the details of a hummingbird flying while in motion. The video had been slowed down so I could see exactly what was going on.

1. In the video I saw a hummingbird come to feed out of the feeder. It had been slowed down a lot so I could actually see the movement of the wings going back and forth.

2. Photographer Jessica Dyer took the video
3. All the story says on the website is that Dyer captured the hummingbird with her iPhone shot at 720p and 240fps. Her favorite part was when you could see the wings moving and the sound of the chirping was also slowed down.
4. I learned that the iPhone can take better pictures and videos than I thought. The video seemed to be shot with a professional camera.

Seven Tips For Shooting Great Portraits 
http://blog.phowd.com/2014/09/7-tips-shooting-great-portrait-photographs/

1. On this website I looked at 7 different ways to take a good portrait picture. It showed me examples to follow when taking portrait pictures. It also gave me some tips when it comes to taking a portrait.

2. I learned about negative space and how many photographers try to crop out as much left over space but sometimes you can leave space around the subject and the space is called negative space.

4. I picked this photo because you eye focus in on the black berry but the main subject is the man below the black berry. I don't know who took this photo but they used some rule of thirds and balance in the photo.

Spiral Staircases
http://petapixel.com/2014/12/19/disorienting-beauty-spiral-staircases-old-abandoned-buildings/

This website is just as it sounds, it is just spiral staircases. It has different stairs with different colors, shapes, and of course looks. It also talked about Christian Richter, the architecture photographer made the photo series, "Abandoned Staircases".
I wouldn't say that I really learned anything major except that Christian Richter originally shot staircases. and old architecture.
c16b03a3c9faeeedd0131f445693256b1. I picked this photo because even though it's not as old and dirty as the others you can still tell its aged and still vibrant. The carpet and yellow walls combined with the purplish color ties together perfectly with the metallic rustic feel. I just think that every aspect of the photo improves it to look really amazing.
2. I would say this is photo is leading lines and in a sense fill the frame. There isn't a dull part in this picture, just a lot of detail and a nice look. And leading lines for the rail and stairs make lines, the lines don't all point in the same direction but there are still lines, and it kind of looks like the lines are leading to the center of the rails spiral.
3. Christian Richter took all the spiral stair case photos.
4. This site related to photography because it is another style of photos to consider or to make your own. 

Killer Timelapse
http://blog.ted.com/2014/10/07/how-to-create-a-killer-timelapse-with-joe-capra/

In this website I looked at a video that was a collection of time-lapses of different places in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, which is one of the most beautiful places of the world. The timelapse was about oceans and zi lining boxes going up and down.

1. What I saw in the video was a collection of time-lapses of different places in Rion de Jeanerio, Brazil. There were time-lapses of main street, beaches, homes, and so on. It was basically displaaying the motion in that particukar place, but going as fast speed.
2. The creator of this video is Joe Capra of Scientifantastic.
3. I learned about new places in Rio and ow it looks through thee day in fast motion. The cars and people moved quickly along. It almost made me feel like I was controlling what was happening right then.

Elephant Island
http://www.rachelsussman.com/oltw/

I looked at a really cool photo of Elephant Island in Antartica. The photo shows the moss that grows on the moutains in the ocean. Fore, middle, and background are used very well.
1. I picked this photo because of the use of foreground and background.
2. Rule of thirds is used because the focal point of the moutains on the left third of this photo. 
3. Rachel Susssman



No comments:

Post a Comment